Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rock Pile Smock Pile...

Ok, so here's the deal... the Rockies are going to the World Series and they are THE hottest tickets in town. That being said most of the people fighting it out to be one of the elect to see them play have not been to a Rockies game in the recent past, nor did they know the names of more than one or two players before this fiasco started.
Don't get me wrong. I am very excited for the rockies. I actually have gone to a few games in the past and have enjoyed myself every time (almost). I myself could only name two players before all this too. But I'm not out in LoDo hootin' and hollerin' about how much I love the Rockies and how they are "my boys... WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Now I don't care that this sudden Rockies mania has hit Denver like a ton of bricks, but I have seen this before.
When the Avs came to town they were winning Stanley Cups left and right and Denver, which had only seen the minor-league Grizzlies many many years ago, all of a sudden became this amazing hockey town. Games were sold out, everybody was an expert (Even though I had to explain what a two-line pass was to the idiot next to me at the game who was screaming about how the refs sucked), and the jerseys could be seen on the street from infants to elderly.
Then they started to suck and there went the Jerseys. Now as most of you know I can't stand the Avs so that is all fine and dandy with me but I happen to like the Rockies and I don't want to see the same thing happen although I know it will. If the Rockies don't do well next year people will be like "Torrial-who?" and "Kaz Mats-whaty?"
But whatever. While everybody is busy wearing Rockies shirts (newly bought I might add) to work and school, I will continue to wear my normal clothes, listen to the games on the radio, and avoid LoDo at all costs on game days. And as for the day when the Rockies win the pennant will be safe in my, middle-class, white bread neighborhood while the looters, vandals, and pyromaniacs destroy downtown. It's a Colorado thing... When one of our teams wins a championship we must show our zeal by fucking up our city. What can I say?

3 comments:

paz y amor said...

Give me a torch! I'm coming to your white bread middle class neighborhood with my pitchfork and club to wreck shop...that is if the Rocks win the World Series...

Anonymous said...

They already won the Pennant, which is the league championship. Not quite a two line pass, but close.

The Hollow Man said...

Pennant, series... whatever. You knew what I meant. why you gotta bust balls?